Sure am enjoying the beautiful fall weather here in Texas. It’s so nice to get a break from the heat. It’s not cold yet by any means, but I’ll take sunny days with highs in the 70s and low 80s any day!
All this nice weather is making me feel more energetic and has me thinking about making some improvements in my daily routines. Sometimes, small changes can have a big impact on the quality of your life. Thought I’d share with you a few habits I’ve found that work for me:
- When you wake up in the morning, make your first thought one of gratitude – even if it’s just to be grateful that you woke up and have another day to live!
- Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
- Make regular time to exercise, ponder, and pray. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives. Set aside time for each on your calendar so they’ll happen.
- Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
- Dream more while you are awake.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
- Drink plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control.
- Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk. Try getting rid of 5-10 items every week and notice how much lighter and energetic you feel.
If you try any of these, I’d love to hear what difference they make for you. Please share in the comments area below.